Capital City Auto Auction is a predominently dealer-only auction with the exception of a public repo auction. If you are interested in registering with us, click here to download our registration packet (may take a few minutes to download). After completion, either fax signed copy back to us at 304.201.2287 or mail it to:
Capital City Auto Auction
600 Winfield Rd.
St. Albans, WV 25177
If you have any questions, please call Chloe in Dealer Registration at 304.201.2270 Ext. 3103
For a list of auction rules and regulations, click here.
for a list of additional auction rules and regulations for public buyers, click here.
- Vehicles must be paid for and picked up by 5:00 PM close of business on day of sale. If payment not received in full, CCAA reserves the right to re-sell any unpaid vehicle one week after the day of sale. Buyer will be responsible for any deficit caused by the resale of the vehicle.
- Capital City Auto Auction reserves the right to void any transaction.
- CARS ARE LEFT ON THE AUCTION PREMISES AT OWNER'S REQUEST AND RISK. The auction shall not be held responsible for loss or damage, even though the keys and car may be placed in the auction's custody for services which are made available to customers on these terms.
- No one will be permitted to remove a vehicle until the vehicle is paid for and the auction is over.
- Any vehicle left in our lot after Close of Business Friday will be charged $20.00 per day storage fee.
- If the successful bidder does not pay for the vehicle they will lose the deposit, be banned from all future auctions and be turned over to a collection agency.
- Additional Charges: There is an additional $75.00 Internet Fee added to the final sale price of your vehicle.
- Vehicles will be removed from CCAA's property before any repairs are made.
- CCAA has available. Call (304) 201-2270 for rates.
- Paperwork will only be put in the name of the registered buyer, absolutely no exceptions. When calling about titles, you must have auction-letter and number ready (example: D-57). When picking up titles, you must have the bill of sale with you, no exceptions.
- Arbitration Policy: All vehicles sold to the general public will be sold "RED LIGHT ONLY".
- RED LIGHT – "AS IS" This light is used to sell all "as Is" units which means these units cannot be rejected for any reason. EXCEPTION: (if not announced: R-title, previous salvage history).
- RECONSTRUCTED VEHICLES: Selling dealer is responsible for announcing if the title is or ever has been a Reconstructed or Salvage Title, regardless of color of light it is running under – illustrated by a "yellow announced condition light." Any problems arising from these conditions must be reported to the Auction within thirty (30) calendar days – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Any vehicle sold for $2,000.00 or less is an “As-Is” vehicle regardless of what light it was run under.
- Odometer Policy: CCAA is not responsible for nor does CCAA guarantee the accuracy of the odometer reading on any consigned vehicle. However, CCAA requires that the seller repurchase any vehicles sold with an odometer problem.
- OFFICE HOURS – Monday thru Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Friday Auction starts at 8:30 a.m.
- Condition Reports are provided on select vehicles as a convenience. Discrepancies between condition reports and the actual state of the vehicle are not subject to arbitration.
- Form of Payment: Cash, Cashier’s Check or Wire Transfer or Approved Floor Plans. Checks will be accepted with a 30 day letter of guarantees from your bank stating amount and date good for. Example: Said bank guarantee check number 123 in the amount of $ 10,000 for 30 days written to Capital City Auto Auction Inc.
- CCAA is not responsible for mechanical failures that occur during shipping.
- All purchases will be subject to a buyer’s fee.
* THERE WILL BE A $20.00 PER DAY STORAGE FEE CHARGED FOR EACH VEHICLE LEFT ON CCAA’S LOT AFTER THE MONDAY FOLLOWING THE SALE.